Model No.: SPTE
Tinplate is a low Carbon Steel sheet (base metal), coated on both sides with a thin layer of tin, throughout on electrolytic process. Since the tin firmly adheres to the base metal, the product may be press molded, stamped, drawn or bent and shaped into complex forms without the tin coating peeling off. It has a beautiful, metallic luster as well as excellent properties in corrosion resistance and paintability.
1. Available Thickness: 0.15-0.5mm
2. Thickness Tolerance: 0.006mm
3. Available Width: 300-980mm
4. Width Tolerance: 0-1mm
5. Inner Diameter: 420 & 508mm
6. Weight of Steel Coil: 3-10MT
7. Equal Coating Weight: #15,#20, #25, #50, #75, #100
8. Differential Coating Weight: #15/25, #20/25, #25/50, #25/75. #25/100,
#50/75. #50/100, #75/100
9. Available Temper Grade: T1-T5
Production Process Production Line Application
1. Majorly used for packaging foodstuffs and beverages.
2. Used in containers for oils, grease, paints, polishes, chemicals and many other products.
3. Aerosol containers and caps and closures are also made from Galvanized Tin Plate Steel.
4. Electrodes, Cable tape, Magnetic screen covers, etc.
5. Automotive oil filters, Automotive air filters, Gaskets, etc.
6. Gas meter internal components, Heat exchangers, cookware, shelving, etc.
Seaworthy Package Superiority
1. Excellent Corrosion Resistance By selecting a proper coating weight, appropriate corrosion resistance is obtained against container contents.
2. Excellent Paintability & Printability Printing is beautifully finished using various lacquers and inks.
3. Excellent Solderability & Weldability Tinplate is widely used for making various types of cans by soldering or welding.
4. Excellent Formability & Strength By selecting a proper temper grade, appropriate formability is obtained for various applications as well as the required strength after forming.
5. Beautiful Appearance Tinplate is characterized by its beautiful metallic luster. Products with various kinds of surface roughness are produced by selecting the surface finish of the substrate steel sheet.
Comparison of Properties
|Properties||Tin Coat Weight g/m 2|
| Bare Corrosion |
Resistance (sealed) (1)
|Black Sulfide Stain Resistance||fair||fair|
|Stress Cracking Resistance||excellent||excellent|
|Corrosion Resistance after Painting (2)||excellent||excellent|
|Filiform Corrosion Resistance||excellent||excellent|
|Heat Resistance (3)||good||good|
Product Categories : Steel Tinplate Coil
Premium Related Products